Many family law issues in Connecticut are overseen by the probate court. Gans & Gans Family Law Attorneys is experienced in handling all forms of family law issues that are handled in the probate court, such as:
- Adoption: Including step-parent adoptions or family adoptions.
- Guardianships: Our probate court attorneys offer prompt assistance to clients in petitions for appointment as a child's guardian, appointment as an incapacitated adult's guardian, or other temporary guardianship.
- Grandparent visitation: We help grandparents seek visitation rights with grandchildren when ties have been disturbed due to broken relationships, divorce, death, or other reasons.
- Paternity: We represent both mothers and fathers in pursuing or contesting paternity actions.
- Other probate court matters: We assist clients with other issues, such as name changes, and marriage under 16 years of age.
Probate Lawyer Helping Families and Individuals Through Life's Transitions
Connecticut has 54 individual courts in its probate system, which are located all throughout the state. Each of these courts deals with matters ranging from estates to certain aspects of family law. The team at Gans & Gans works with (and has extensive experience in) the aspects of family law handled by probate courts, which can include guardianship, adoption, paternity, and more.
Our team are very aware of the strong emotions that revolve around family law cases, and always maintain our professionalism and neutral prospective on the situation in order to provide the most unbiased and productive counsel possible.
Whether you need assistance establishing a step-parent adoption or petitioning for guardianship over a child, we provide the personal attention, support, and legal counsel you need to move through the proceeding efficiently and painlessly.
If you require the services of a probate lawyer in the Bridgeport & Milford areas, don’t hesitate to give us a call!